Saturday, January 23, 2010

From the past to the present

I often wonder what make me who I am today, for the better or for the worst...

I realised that everything in the past shape me for who I am now, but there are a few important transition point that had a huge impact on me that create the present me.

To name a few:

I met my best friend in my secondary school days along with one good friend as well. They been through alot with me and the bond between us could not be describe by mere words. They have been by my side for better or for worst, regardless of the situation although there are ups and downs along the way. However, it is precisely the ups and downs that strengthen our bonds and leads us down the life journey and we still remain the same as it was 10 years ago. When I looked back, i couldn't imagine how my life would be without them.

My poly days could be describe as a disaster, outcast, boycott, isolated would be the right word to describe my status in the school. Just when I thought that I have found a good friend there, I got backstab by her (or maybe that is just how I see it), I started to lost hope in friendship and along the way a part of me was lost forever as well.

I was lucky thou, in my first full time job, I met another important person who would shape alot of my idealogy in life and society. I would never be the same person I am today without her. She taught me alot of stuff with regard to my job and most importantly how to survive out there in the world. She might be nagging, angry and pull a black face at me but I realised that it is because she cares about me.

Throughout my life till now, I realised that as people grow, they tend to care less and lesser, simply because trust and bonding between people had changed, we could no longer be as simple as we are in the past. Reality, desire, lust, greed and alot of inner emotions had forced us to become more selfish and self centered. All the actions that we have done is simply to achieve our final goal and in the process it might mean making use of each other, putting other people down. But what she had done for me could not be describe by words, she taught me to grow up and look at the world from other views. She taught me the ways to protect myself when I am out there in the cruel and judgemental world. Maybe it might not be sufficient for me since I still feel hurt by the reality sometimes but she is the one that prepare me mentally. I might have fallen down but what she taught me encourage me to stand up again to face the world and given me the courage to move on.

The more recent person that I think have changed me for who I am now is a friend of a friend. All the time that I chat with him, I would always think to myself: "That is something that has never ever cross my mind." Looking back for the past 2 months that I have spend with him, I realised that his words regardless of good or bad give me another opportunity to examine the way that I want to live my life. His words often enlighten me in a way that I did not expect, it often set me into thinking more and more about life, about of alot of other stuff as well. He also help me made up a decision that I think would changed my life forever. Maybe it is fate or destiny, that problem had troubled me for months, I have seek numerous advice from alot of my friends but none could push me to make up my mind as he did. All I could say is that for better or for worst, no matter where my decision leads me to, I would have no regret making this decision for I have live the life that my heart desire.

I am grateful up till now to be able to meet all these people in my life, if there is really a unknown force that push these people to meet me, I would give a million thanks to whoever or whatever that is behind it. I can't write it out in words to stress the importance and significance that these people had in my life. Don't be upset too my friends if I did not mention you in these entry as all of you matter as much to me as the people before.

I love all of you my friends and do take care so that it would come one day where we could sit down and chat and simply being our true self.

4 comments:

Happy Kat said...

err... if that is me, then thanks for your nice words :P

cuteburgers said...

Ya, u are one of the person on the list

Happy Kat said...

I knew it, just to "show off" haha...

ivanny said...

reading through the blog entry, i must say every single person you have met in your life, whether good or bad, would have an influence on your life. it is just a matter of how much of an impact they have left behind, and whether the influences were negative or positive.

i think we all learn from both negative and positive influences, and that probably shapes who we are as a person today. that is, if we have learnt from our mistakes at all.

for me, i guess i am just grateful for ALL the experiences i have thus far. since every one of these experiences, whether positive or negative, were a learning / turning point in my life. take it as a blessing in disguise. remember your life is in your hands, and how enriched your life would be depends on how you look at things.

i wish ya luck in life. hopefully you'd always meet great people who have huge positive effects in your life.